We are Hiring & Training (Professional) CAREGivers
Roles: Professional Care Assistants / CAREGivers
Locations: Edo and Delta States
Salary: from N35,000 – N50,000
Providing companionship for loved ones and services that enhance their living environment can make them feel more comfortable and at home. Families and friends can count on caregivers to provide company for their loved ones and assistance that enhances their living environment. However, the task of finding the right service provider can be daunting. At CASNG, providing Holistic (person centred care) for the aging as well as services to improve their living environment and providing them with a sense of security, is our crave. In addition to providing personal care, meal assistance, transportation, and medication management as well as overseeing other care duties as necessary.
As a result, we are constantly looking for dedicated and conscientious CAREGivers to join our growing and friendly team of carers on a full-time basis. We are seeking a caring and compassionate individual who enjoys interacting with the elderly and assisting them with their daily living activities. Candidates must be warm and friendly, with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a genuine passion for providing our clients with high quality care and support. Inexperience is not an issue as training is continuously offered, provided prospective carers have some level of competences.
The successful CAREGiver will be self-motivated, well-organised and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
It is important to remember that CASNG does not expect perfection. As such, if you are comfortable working as a CAREGiver providing homecare services, and have very basic competencies, then please consider applying, as this is an excellent opportunity to learn and develop your skills through initial entry training programs and compulsory progressive education, as CASNG provides the space that allows you to do so.
CASNG services are at the core of how provision of homecare is moving forward. This role will be crucial to achieving its mission. CASNG continuously need (live-in or visiting) CAREGivers that can quickly learn management processes, is confident using required tools and enjoys finding ways to make things work better and easier for clients.
Candidates may not necessarily have previous experience working as a CAREGiver/HOMECarer but must have basic competencies and be willing to learn on the job, applying skills and growing into professional CAREGivers.
YOU – the CAREGiver MUST have:
- Good communication skills across board but most essentially when managing client and families
- Ambition to continually improve processes and norms with a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to exercise initiative and be proactive in your approach
- Be comfortable of working with client and/or family regardless of condition
- Be comfortable using tools where required and trained
- Be very organised and have good time management
- Have good attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Have training in safe patient handling and movement – desirable, but not essential as training is provided
- The ability to relate to people
- A working knowledge of adherence to policies and procedures
Care Assistant Duties
- Assist clients with personal care tasks, such as washing, dressing, eating and toileting
- Perform light housekeeping tasks, such as sweeping, dusting, mopping, vacuuming and changing bed sheets
- Assist in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioning and movement of clients
- Accompany clients to medical appointments
- Observe, monitor and record clients’ physical and emotional well-being, and promptly report any changes to senior staff
- Encourage clients to participate in social and recreational activities.
- Assist in administering medication where training is provided
- Assist in other duties as may be required
Desirable requirements for any applicant:
- Passionate about offering person-centric/Holistic care
- Comfortable administering client care needs as well as communicating with client
- Good at reporting daily norms/activities
To apply or questions about this role or the company please submit CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or WhatsApp: 09162625775.
***In your Cover Letter, demonstrate how you fit into the specific requirements of the job role. You don’t need any experience.